Ready to make some money this holiday season? Then grab a glass of lemonade and sit down to read this post. Because what you’re about to read will be key to your holiday income success.
Starting on July 5th, with the kick-off of the back-to-school shopping season, the countdown begins to 2010 holiday sales. There are almost 9 weeks from July 1st to September 1st, when 38% of online shoppers will begin their holiday shopping.
If you wait until Fall to starting thinking about and preparing for the holidays, you’ll find yourself in catch up mode from September to December, and as a result leave a lot of holiday money on the table.
Preparing begins with the actions you take in July.
Every year at this time, I begin helping people prepare for holiday sales.
Unfortunately not enough people take action early on. And there’s nothing worse than rounding the holiday bend in November and watching sadly as your holiday sales slip by.
Don’t let this happen to you! The time is now…
To get you started, I’ve listed some of the holiday prep steps you’ll take this year:
- Creating a holiday inventory list
- Choosing your affiliate products & signing up for the programs
- Creating a holiday marketing plan
- Ordering last-minute inventory
- Organizing your physical products
- Snapping up packaging supplies on the cheap
- Creating holiday advertising graphics
- Planning your website and blog “seasonal decor”
- Creating holiday gift sets
- Setting up your holiday blog/ sales pages if you are an affiliate marketer
- Setting up your email marketing campaign
- Bringing in seasonal help
Now if the thought of putting together a plan for the holiday selling season feels overwhelming to you and you’re wondering how you’re going to find time to add yet another thing to your already overloaded schedule, there’s relief in sight.
With 15 holiday selling seasons under my belt (whew!) – 7 offline & 8 online! I have the planning and action steps for holiday income success down to a science. Stay tuned, for the upcoming announcement about this year’s Holiday Selling Guide and use this link to sign-up for announcements.